STUDIO

News



THA is Stop #17 on Walking Tour of Civil War Nashville

Tuck-Hinton Architects is stop #17 on the Civil War Sesquicentennial Walking Tour of Nashville.  The Elm Street Methodist Church, which was built in 1871 and added to the National Register in 1984, was a staple during the Civil War  as a hospital where nurses looked after wounded soldiers.  The church is located at the corner of Fifth Avenue and Elm Street.  This photo was taken around 1864; the small row of houses are quartering residences for the Union Offices, used by the Union Army when they occupied Nashville during the Civil War.  The church still remains standing although its use has been converted to accommodate the Tuck Hinton studio.